HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT ®
CHC Career Opportunities
Chief Nursing Officer - LTACH
Arkansas Continued Care Hospital of Jonesboro (ACCH) is a 44-bed free standing Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) slated to begin accepting patients in the 3rd Quarter of 2017. Located in Jonesboro, Arkansas, the hospital will provide care for critically ill patients with complex medical issues and an average length of stay of 25 days. Our staff enjoy our small-hospital environment and the ability to see the progression of their patients.
The CNO is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the clinical services of the LTACH. Under the direct supervision of the LTACH CEO, the CNO is responsible for providing, managing and supervising the clinical staff, ensuring that the competency, numbers, and staff levels are appropriate to meet the immediate and complex needs of patients. The CNO is responsible for promoting the overall quality of nursing care while operating under the ANA Standards of Practice. In conjunction with the professional staff, the CNO plans, coordinates, manages, and evaluates clinical programs and services of the LTACH while promoting a team approach to the delivery of patient care provided by the LTACH.
Other General and Related Duties
• Is actively committed to quality of patient care, treatment, and services. Measures and reports quality results to hospital and corporate teams. Fosters continuous quality improvement. Participates in corporate-wide and hospital-based performance improvement activities.
• Is actively committed to providing excellent customer service. Strives to meet or exceed patient expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
• Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding physician expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
• Is actively committed to meeting and/or exceeding employee expectations/satisfaction in the performance of job functions.
• Retains all nursing related hospital accreditations, licensures and designations in good standing.
• Maintains compliance with all laws and applicable regulatory requirements. Acts promptly to comply with required changes.
• Bachelor’s Degree of Nursing from an accredited university program.
• MSN preferred: or enrolled and progressing toward a MSN.
• Must possess and maintain current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Arkansas
• A minimum of three to five years of direct patient care experience in an acute care setting is required. Critical care experience is preferred. Must show evidence of competency in supervising patient care services through a minimum of two years management experience. Nursing management experience will consider roles as nursing manager, nursing director or CNO or other equivalent experience.
Ability to define realistic, specific goals and objectives and to prioritize objectives
Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
Ability to manage people and work with them in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives
Ability to work with all levels of management and respecting all differences
Ability to communicate and relate well with others
o Communicates openly, respectfully, and in timely way
o Shares information appropriately
o Keeps others well informed
o Encourages others to share contrary views
o Responds in a timely manner to messages/requests
Ability to be trustworthy
Ability to identify and resolve operational and administrative problems
Ability to work with Medicare system and be adaptable to changes
Ability to work independently and possess critical thinking skills
Proficient PC skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
Proficient knowledge to understand and apply the concepts and terminology unique to the healthcare industry
Possess a strong customer orientation
Possess sound and accurate judgment and timely decision making
We offer a competitive base salary with an excellent benefits program. Paid relocation will be provided if needed.
Community Hospital Corporation (CHC), a not-for-profit corporation, was created in 1996 to preserve the not-for-profit status of community-based health care organizations. Our mission is to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers.
CHC established CHC ContinueCare, LLC, our post-acute care organization, to advance our mission of preserving and protecting the control of community-based hospitals. CHC ContinueCare provides a wide range of services, including the development and management of long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs) and acute rehabilitation programs.
In today’s evolving regulatory environment, LTACHs and acute rehabilitation programs offer an effective operational model that provides phenomenal care while reducing the cost of lengthy hospital stays in acute care environments.
Facilities and organizations currently benefiting from involvement with CHC ContinueCare include:
Carolinas ContinueCARE Hospital at Kings Mountain, Kings Mountain, NC
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Madisonville, Madisonville, KY
Carolinas ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah, Paducah, KY
ContinueCARE Hospital at Palmetto Health Baptist Health, Columbia SC
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin, Corbin, KY
ContinueCARE Hospital at Hendrick Medical Center, Abilene, TX
ContinueCARE Hospital at Medical Center, Odessa, TX
ContinueCARE Hospital at Midland Memorial, Midland, TX
Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital, Tyler, TX
Apply for This Position
CHC | 7800 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 200, Plano, TX 75024 | 972.943.6400Copyright © 2017 Community Hospital Corporation