CHC Consulting assists the leadership and boards of directors of hospitals throughout the United States by delivering proven business processes and strategies designed to monitor and measure progress. Our clients continue to express appreciation for the many ways in which we are willing to create flexible working relationships to meet their specific needs.
The following are representative of many recent engagements in which CHC Consulting has reached out to help clients achieve their business goals.
- CHC Consulting facilitated a planning process for a Florida hospital and guided the hospital through a comprehensive process and search for a new strategic partner. Learn more.
- Assisted the board of directors at a community hospital in Oklahoma by conducting a search for an interim CEO. CHC Consulting placed a seasoned executive in the position within two days.
- A Texas health system engaged CHC Consulting for management support in transforming its long-term acute care hospital, or LTACH, from a cost center to a cash-positive hospital within a hospital. After implementing several operational and case management improvements, the LTACH realized a vastly improved contribution margin in a matter of months. Learn more.
- CHC Consulting provided a comprehensive operational assessment for a two-hospital system in New York seeking operational efficiencies.
- In need of a long-term acute care solution, a Tyler, Texas, hospital engaged CHC for a feasibility study for a new campus-based LTACH. CHC’s strategy for success resulted in a unique joint venture model with built-in opportunities to maximize LTACH performance, and in fiscal year 2011, generated $4.2M in distributions for the health system. Learn more.
- When a small rural hospital in Nebraska realized it was paying higher prices than larger hospitals and not getting the attention it deserved from a network supply contracting company, it turned to CHC Consulting. By collaborating with the hospital and creating a custom package of services, CHC Consulting helped the hospital realize supply spend and other savings of $532,000. Learn more.
- By providing strategic services, management support and board advisory services, CHC Consulting is helping a critical access hospital in Colorado improve in several areas, including revenue cycle, supply chain and productivity.
- An operational assessment for a community hospital in central Texas set the stage for a $4 million impact to the hospital’s bottom line over a 3-year period.
- A debt-ridden hospital in north Texas was grappling with bond covenant issues. The hospital engaged CHC Consulting to conduct a productivity analysis that resulted in a strategy to reduce debt while saving the organization $3M.
- A hospital in Mississippi selected CHC Consulting for an operational assessment and board advisory services. A full CHC team collaborated to create a comprehensive, 200-plus page operations report and the hospital is moving forward with implementation.
- CHC Consulting is assessing the market and financial opportunity for potential for new LTACH beds in North Carolina.
- CHC Consulting collaborated with hospital leadership at a Texas children’s hospital to assess revenue cycle operations and opportunities for improvement.
- Developed a strategy to establish a synergistic relationship between a small Pennsylvania hospital and a large health system. CHC Consulting served in an advisory capacity to help the hospital and health system leverage integration opportunities for their mutual benefit.
- A community-based hospital in south central Texas initially engaged CHC Consulting for an operational assessment. Subsequently, the hospital took advantage of CHC’s flexible ownership models and CHC became the corporate member of the hospital corporation. The hospital continues to be overseen by the local hospital board.
- A hospital was losing market share and physician confidence and found itself needing guidance. CHC led the hospital through a process first to get its ‘house in order,’ then to consider and ultimately align with the right partner. Learn more.
- A comprehensive perioperative assessment for a smaller hospital within a large healthcare system resulted in doubling the surgery capacity of the hospital without incurring the additional cost of more operating rooms.
- A managed care assessment for a community hospital in west Texas identified a payer who had underpaid the hospital a total of $7M. CHC Consulting also developed a relationship strategy that quickly improved relationships with all of the hospital’s payers.
- When two small community hospitals in Illinois wanted to grow their physician staffs, CHC Consulting conducted medical staff manpower studies that provided the information they needed to proceed.
- A Nebraska hospital board severed its long-term management contract and turned to CHC Consulting for fine-tuning its operations and a la carte consulting. This put the hospital on a performance improvement track including estimated annual savings of 25 percent, or $425,000 on their annual hip and knee spend of $1.7M. Learn more.
- A community hospital which is part of a large healthcare system in California tapped CHC Consulting to assist in developing a co-management program between the hospital and its physicians.