Risk Management and Insurance
CHC Consulting helps hospitals evaluate their risk management and insurance programs to identify appropriate levels of coverage, potential savings, and enhancements to terms and conditions. Our service approach is to develop a collaborative business partnership and focus on education to meet the unique risk management and insurance needs of each hospital.
As part of the Risk Management Assessment, we look at existing loss prevention and loss control processes for operational exposures, and:
- Review the loss history for prior years and perform a trend analysis to identify operational or clinical issues related to claims
- Assist with the infrastructure of the Risk Management program and functions, including trending and analysis of the event reporting system
- Review supporting policies and procedures
- Develop an action plan based on the findings from the trend analysis and baseline assessment
- Conduct an assessment of internal contract review and approval process to meet regulatory and accrediting bodies for clinical service and physician contracts
- Offer education programs to meet a hospital’s specific goals and objectives
Insurance Program Services
How we help:
- Review current insurance program to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Manage insurance programs by working with the hospital to complete the appropriate applications for submission to the insurance broker or agent
- Assist with analysis and comparison of insurance proposals from the broker or agent
Captive Insurance Model
CHC Consulting facilitates through our broker a captive insurance model as a long-term strategy for hospitals.
How we help:
- Offer an alternative solution to commercial insurance
- Provide education about the captive model
- Facilitate a strategy for potential long-term savings
Want to learn more?
- Contact Kathleen Frazier, vice president of risk management and compliance officer for CHC at (972) 943-6407.