Community Hospital Corporation Announces 2018 Dan Wilford Award Winner: Mary Lou Young
Plano, Texas (June 15, 2018) – Community Hospital Corporation (CHC) is proud to announce Mary Lou Young as winner of the 2018 Dan Wilford Award for Compassion and Community Service. Young serves as chief nursing officer for ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah, Paducah, Ky., a CHC hospital. She was nominated by the ContinueCARE-Paducah administrative team.
The award is named for Dan Wilford, retired president and CEO of Memorial Hermann Healthcare System, Houston, Texas, and a founding board member of CHC.
“It is my pleasure to recognize Mary Lou with this year’s Dan Wilford Award,” said Jim Kendrick, CHC president and CEO. “Through her service to the community and hospital, she shows remarkable concern for the welfare and happiness of patients and the community as a whole.” During a reception to be held in her honor at the Paducah facility this August, Kendrick will present Young with a $500 American Express gift card and framed certificate of appreciation.
Several deserving individuals were nominated this year, including:
- Darrell Bracket, Respiratory Care Manager, ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Corbin, Corbin, Ky.
- Leigh Cruz, Facilities Manager, Wahiawa General Hospital, Wahiawa, Hawaii
- Helen Connor, RN, Jellico Community Hospital, Jellico, Tenn.
- Melissa Taylor, LVN, St. Mark’s Medical Center, LaGrange, Texas
- Esther Shambare, RN, ContinueCARE Hospital at Midland Memorial, Midland, Texas
- Sammy Alvy, RN, Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital, Nacogdoches, Texas
- Agnes Scott, Social Worker Team Lead, Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas, Beaumont, Texas
- Christy Brosch, LVN, Yoakum Community Hospital, Yoakum, Texas
- Todd Cox, Director of Respiratory Therapy, Tyler ContinueCare Hospital, Tyler, Texas
About ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah
ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah, Paducah, Ky., opened in the summer of 2015 as a 37-bed Long Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) located on the 5th floor of host hospital Baptist Health Paducah. The facility enjoys the best of both worlds as a partner with the larger, acute care hospital, yet is able to maintain a small hospital atmosphere. ContinueCARE Hospital at Baptist Health Paducah employees work an interdisciplinary team to deliver quality patient care. Please visit http://continuecare.org/paducah.
About Community Hospital Corporation – HELP WHERE HOSPITALS NEED IT®
Community Hospital Corporation owns, manages and consults with hospitals through three distinct organizations – CHC Hospitals, CHC Consulting and CHC ContinueCARE, which share a common purpose to guide, support and enhance the mission of community hospitals and healthcare providers. Based in Plano, Texas, CHC provides the resources and experience community hospitals need to improve quality outcomes, patient satisfaction and financial performance. For more information about CHC, please visit https://communityhospitalcorp.com.